Heading to Dallas/Fort Worth end of Jan. on TE. Wondering what menu

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelhoguy

Service Attendant
I was doing some research for our trip in January. I found two menus for the Texas Eagle. I am kind of hoping the first one is the right one, I really liked the braised beef.

TE_Menue1.jpg

TE_Menue2.jpg

Eggs (breakfast) and steak (dinner) are cooked from scratch. Most of the other selections are precooked and frozen before being reheated again before serving. Many of the previous menu selections have been removed but just for curiosity's sake I calculated the change in prices for a few of the items that remain.

TexasEagleMenuPriceIncrease.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the first link is to an outdated TE web page.

I believe the second link is the current TE Dining Car Menu, which is the common menu for all the western Long distance Amtrak trains.

Scroll down to TE Ding Car menu - https://www.amtrak.com/texas-eagle-train

On the Coast Starlight there are 2 menus. One for the Dining Car and one for the Pacific Parlour Car (PPC).

Actually the Coast Starlight PPC has a northbound menu and a southbound menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a bummer. I think we will enjoy our trip anyway. Any suggestion for stuff to do and eat in the Dallas Fort Worth area? Any good train museums within an hours drive?

Bob Evans was kicked off the train long before fresh flowers left the table. That first menu is more than several years out of date, just waiting to disappoint somebody who sees it on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back