Heartland Flyer hit by car

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

news link

The Flyer was hit in the engine by a car 60 miles north of DFW. I'm sure Trainorders will have more info in the near future if there is any notable damage.

BNSF_1088 said:
I have no sorrow for that stupid driver at all. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Problem is there are so many stupid drivers, who have to save 2 minutes by going around the gate. :angry: Maybe they should do an IQ test at the drivers license office. ;)

engine999 said:
Problem is there are so many stupid drivers, who have to save 2 minutes by going around the gate. :angry:   Maybe they should do an IQ test at the drivers license office.   ;)
What should be the minimum (or maximum!) IQ to qualify for a drivers license?

Stupidity is caused as much by arrogance as it by ignorance or lower mental development. IQ doesn't always make much difference.

Guest said:
engine999 said:
Problem is there are so many stupid drivers, who have to save 2 minutes by going around the gate. :angry:   Maybe they should do an IQ test at the drivers license office.   ;)
What should be the minimum (or maximum!) IQ to qualify for a drivers license?

Stupidity is caused as much by arrogance as it by ignorance or lower mental development. IQ doesn't always make much difference.
It would be tuff to create an arrogance test, because that can vary by day. ;)

Hmm...stupid people. The Heartland Flyer is only 5 cars long! It sounds like the train was already thru the crossing when the truck hit. Otherwise the headline would've said, Car hit by Heartland Flyer.

saxman66 said:
Hmm...stupid people. The Heartland Flyer is only 5 cars long! It sounds like the train was already thru the crossing when the truck hit. Otherwise the headline would've said, Car hit by Heartland Flyer.
On the "stupid " angle---I am afraid it is worse than all that. (the stupdity of poor judgment, for example) .......I sense that many people today are so far removed from the world of trains that they cannot distinguish between a short, relatively fast passenger train and a long, slow frieght.

I really don't think they make the distinction between the two that us fans would make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back