Hell, I coulda done that...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristobal

Lead Service Attendant
I have a trip coming up late May where I had originally booked the CS, PDX to SJC. I've decided for a number of reasons to start that trip in TAC instead. My original reservation had me in room #4, car 1132. While indeed farthest car from PPC, Dining car, and SSL I had decided that the lesser amount of foot traffic might make up for the increased distance that I would have to walk myself. So, I thought that maybe by calling 'Julie' I could keep everything the same and just be charged the additional fare. Instead, the very pleasant woman that I talked to said that she would simply cancel my first booking, credit my cc, then re-book me from TAC and charge the full fare (TAC-SJC) to the card. Not a problem I thought. However, by her doing that, I now find myself in room #7, car 1130. Not a big deal. But there was really nothing gained in this case by me calling instead of just canceling and re-booking online myself.

Well...

There is one thing.

I do still have the same reservation number. :rolleyes:

One other thing that I found interesting by calling Amtrak is that the system must sense my area code because the first thing that I got was a spiel about Capitol Corridor status and reservations needing to be accessed by a different phone number. I'm pretty sure that all y'all don't get that when you call. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back