Hello all

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to the Forum. Started riding Amtrak out and into Texas around 2017 on the various sleepers. Really enjoyed the various trips but traveling was curtailed when the "virus" became an issue. Just returned from a 2 train round trip to Virginia....things have "changed" and probably won't be riding again until things return to normal and hopefully not the "new" normal.

Rode my first passenger train in 1967 on a Boy Scout trip to see Chicago. Having grown up at a time when passenger train service was waning it was still an remember able experience. I think it was probably the Empire Builder.

Now on to the Forum

ptf18

New to the Forum. Started riding Amtrak out and into Texas around 2017 on the various sleepers. Really enjoyed the various trips but traveling was curtailed when the "virus" became an issue. Just returned from a 2 train round trip to Virginia....things have "changed" and probably won't be riding again until things return to normal and hopefully not the "new" normal.

Rode my first passenger train in 1967 on a Boy Scout trip to see Chicago. Having grown up at a time when passenger train service was waning it was still an remember able experience. I think it was probably the Empire Builder.

Now on to the Forum

ptf18
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited.

Welcome aboard!

I share your desire for a reversion to the mean! A return to more stable conditions, more stable comfortable, predictable Amtrak service. While I truly sympathize and completely understand the problems Amtrak is having these days, as we all are, I still don’t feel totally ready to hop on a train just yet. Maybe soon…

Back