Hello from the Windy City!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

My name is Nick, and I am from the Greater Chicago Area, Illinois. I have been riding Amtrak each year for nearly a decade, and all of my trips have been annual rides on the Empire Builder from Chicago, IL to Whitefish, MT. I grew up in a railroad family; at least on my dad's side. My grandparents worked for the railroad prior to when the merger came in to form BNSF, so I grew up around trains and their history. I've considered a career in passenger railroad operations with Amtrak once I'm out of high school along with college eventually, but I've also tossed around so many ideas in my head, so we'll see where the future leads me.

Great to be here, I look forward to meeting you all.
Nick

Hello!

My name is Nick, and I am from the Greater Chicago Area, Illinois. I have been riding Amtrak each year for nearly a decade, and all of my trips have been annual rides on the Empire Builder from Chicago, IL to Whitefish, MT. I grew up in a railroad family; at least on my dad's side. My grandparents worked for the railroad prior to when the merger came in to form BNSF, so I grew up around trains and their history. I've considered a career in passenger railroad operations with Amtrak once I'm out of high school along with college eventually, but I've also tossed around so many ideas in my head, so we'll see where the future leads me.

Great to be here, I look forward to meeting you all.
Nick
Chicago's a great hub. I hope you try all of the other trains departing CHI.

Back