help at penn station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
going on a cruise in aug taking the lakeshore limited from Buff to nyc never been to the city need help finding a hotel near the station and is there things to see in walking distance

Well, many on here know much, much more about NYC than I, but here are some starters.

Walking distance? Macy's department Store (largest in the world) , Madison Square Garden(it is on top of the station) and the Empire State Building.(you can go up it to be sure, but if time is limited you can at least look up at it)

At least one hotel is the historic ("big band era") Hotel Pennyslvania which is across the street. Gets widely mixed reviews but I have stayed there 2 or 3 times and it suited me.

This can get your imagination started. Others will add to it.

You have access to many subways and commuter trains at your doorstep. You can subway or walk to Times Square about 12 short blocks north.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a "Google" style map, and an "AAA" tourbook....you should be able to find numerous hotels within just a few blocks(10 to 12..or less) of Penn Station. Now, you can figure, at minimum...$150 per night as a starting point, however, a little research will find you exactly what you're seeking, accomodations-wise.

For a reference point....Penn Station is located on 8th Avenue, between West 33rd and West 34th Streets!!

Just FYI

From the "Florida Funnel"

Foodman53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back