Hertz & Amtrak cheap round trip to FLA from the NE

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meat Puppet

Lead Service Attendant
Take the silver star or meteor one way down from the northeast to any major florida airport area.(about $100)

Go to Hertz website

Just ask for RQ “1WAY” in your reservation of an economy car in January for only $1/day, February for $2/day, or March for $3/day, for a rental between April 5 and June 30, 2010

If you book the "Elantra" it is $13.70 per week , max keep time 2 weeks total with tax $70

Return to any major aiport in the north. Take your time getting back you have 2 weeks, and the car gets 40mpg.

So you are talking about $170 for one way rail fare and 2 weeks rental car to get back to your destination.

You can actually take the car to Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.

And then maybe continue another rail journey there.

Hertz has too many cars in Florida, and it getting Amtrak customers to drive them back up into the Northeast?

Hertz has too many cars in Florida, and it getting Amtrak customers to drive them back up into the Northeast?
No, they are not doing this with Amtrak. This is an industry wide sale that happens every year. Since Amtrak has reasonable one way rates it makes it easy to do a Train-Rental Car trip.

If you were forced to fly to Florida to take advantage of the one way car rental option, as far as I know both Allegiant Air and Sun Country Airlines price all their tickets as one way fares.

If you were forced to fly to Florida to take advantage of the one way car rental option, as far as I know both Allegiant Air and Sun Country Airlines price all their tickets as one way fares.
Don't forget Southwest! They also price as one way fares and are cheap. Now, I'd much prefer to be on the train of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back