Hey, I'm Arvind

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone!

I'm Arvind, a student at UC Irvine. I'm graduating this month with a Masters degree in Computer Science - and I'm celebrating by taking a cross-country train journey from Los Angeles to Pittsburgh! :)

I've always loved trains, and I'm finally getting the opportunity to explore the great American outdoors from the comfort of a train! The topics in this forum have been of great help to me - right from what to take and what to see, and I'd like to thank you guys for the help.

I'm taking the Southwest Chief from LAX to Chicago and then the Capitol Limited to Pittsburgh. En route I hope to see some wonderful snowscapes, and maybe visit the Willis tower while I'm in Chicago.

Had a few questions, but I'll post that in a separate thread.

Cheers!

Welcome! :hi: We hope that you find AU full of great information! Once again Welcome! :hi: If you don't have an Amtrak Guest Rewards account send me a Personal Message (PM) with your e-mail and I will refer you!

Welcome aboard, Arvind!
hi.gif

Steve, that's my job!
mosking.gif
What do you want more points for?
huh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Welcome aboard Arvind!

Like you I am also a just-graduated Masters student of Indian origin, in love with trains across the globe. I am bang in the center of the country in Dallas, too bad your train is not via Dallas, else I could have met you enroute.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

I do have an AGR account - I made it when I booked the tickets. Sorry about that! :(

I just posted my questions in a new topic in the Rail discussion. Would appreciate if you guys could take a look at that :)

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited!! I hope you have a good trip

on the Southwest Chief and the Capitol Limited. I hope

you are able to get your questions answered here.

..........I'm celebrating by taking a cross-country train journey from Los Angeles to Pittsburgh! :)
Hi and welcome. I'm curious as to why you are going to Pittsburgh. I grew up in western Pennsylvania (back in the last century)

and once worked at a department store downtown Pgh (Kaufman's) selling women's' shoes. (Worst job I ever had)

I graduated from high school in New Kensington, PA, about 19 miles up the Allegheny River from Pgh.

0g78E.jpg

Thanks guys :)

My sister and her husband live in Pittsburgh. She's an MD at the Allegheny General and the Mon Valley hospitals :) Just visiting her for the holidays!

Back