Hialeah: Back to the same old crap?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miami Joe

Lead Service Attendant
It's been a few weeks since the last post, not enough time in one day!! :(

The "buzz" has worn off and Hialeah seems to be falling back into the same rut! :angry:

Still don't have a Facility Manager and the employees are starting to question management's motives.

A Foreman III came from CNOC for 3 weeks and got the PM line working pretty good, but went back to his old job. Between his demands and Amtrak's reply, he chose to go back. Cars are starting to back up again and cars are going from PM to B/O, instead of going back in revenue. The bad weather played a big part, but good management does too!!

The employees are getting bad "attitudes" again about management and starting to look for answers higher up than Miami management. Rumor has it that letters will be going out soon to Gunn and VP's about how Miami's assets are being taken to Sanford. The employees feel that they are being treated different then the other facilities and it looks like they have some good points!! :huh:

Bottled water seems to be a big issue in the yard. Bottled water has been issued every day since I've been here, but that has been stopped. Management says that before the first hurricane, a pallet of water was taken and no one knows where it went. I heard that there were tickets for the water charged to Miami, but alot of the employees say they saw a truck from Sanford picking up railcar parts and cases of water too! :eek:

What I found interesting was that the employees are documenting management's decisions to back up their issues. Alot of folks here have been around a long time and were foremen at one time. They chose to go back to their tools and avoid the bull@^$#! Alot of folks here have college educations today, but I think management still assumes that most employees are like they were in the 50's and 60's and not aware of what's going on at their facility.

While I think that things have gotten better, there is always room for improvement. A few old timers say that it looks like we are being set up for failure, only time will tell.

MJ B)

Back