Hialeah's on a roll!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami Joe

Lead Service Attendant
Sorry!!! :( I've been busy!!!!

Thing's are starting to look better. :D

Trains are starting to leave on time, but CSX and late trains are still hurting us.

The majority of folks are more relaxed and that means work getting done. People are smiling and talking!! :D Haven't seen that in a long time!

It's gonna take some time to see if the trend continues, but people are more willing to work o/t and more concerned about geting cars out.

It's amazing what a liitle time spent with an employee can do!!! :D

MJ B)

What a great day!!! :lol:

#98 and #92 were on time departures today!!! :)

#90 left at 3:20pm and that's good enough for me!!!! :lol:

The mood in the yard is still good. I think if we can move more cars thru the PM line, it would motivate the shifts more. I find it depressing when cars are not released due to a lack of parts, but the vendors are not able to fill the orders for months.

Talked to alot of co-workers in various departments and the concensus is that the ex-manager caused the train delays. Don't have an opinion yet, but I haven't seen any major maintenance change in turning the trains. Still doing it the same way as before, only now the trains are departing on-time more consistantly!! :D We are still following the same guidelines and sending out better equipment than a year ago. It's still going to take alot of time. The cars were not properly maintained for years and even after a PM, some cars are still giving problems on the running side. Since they go thru the PM every 90 days, they will be fixed. We're overhauling some sub-systems to comply with the PM's. It's never boring and you're always learning something new.

I 'm actually happy when I go to work now and more relaxed. Incidents will continue to occur, but we are human and make mistakes. I think everyone is more relaxed, which should reduce errors!!! Folks are working O/T more, trying to increase the car count. It's helped getting the trains back on schedule!! :blink:

As the Beatles said: "It's getting better all the time"

MJ

B)

MJ - How's the electrical power flooding and the flooded wheel lathe ?? Is that stuff all fixed and back to functioning?? With the new manager is the problem with not allowing using the "other" golf carts gone??

Thing are improving everyday!!! :D

Major damage was done to the 480 ground power. The control boxes, underground wiring and transformers were destroyed. :( Old age and heavy rain finally took its toll. :(

The contractor has been great the last 2 weeks! Most power has been restored, new transformers are ordered and we'll have better equipment soon.

The drain contractor left a plug in a pipe, which caused the pit flooding. After the plug was removed, the pits drained in record time. They are still in the yard, so anything can happen in the future!

Many improvements are going to happen in a few months. It's reassuring to know that Hialeah has not been forgotten!!! :D

MJ B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back