High Level diagrams

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTANut

Service Attendant
Does anyone know of diagrams for the Hi-Level Santa Fe cars? I found one for the Pacific Parlour car, but I need the coach-dorm diagram.

Does anyone know of diagrams for the Hi-Level Santa Fe cars? I found one for the Pacific Parlour car, but I need the coach-dorm diagram.
Just to note, neither the Pacific Parlour Car nor coach dorms were car configurations under Santa Fe. Both were Amtrak modifications. The Pacific Parlour Cars were Top 'O the Cap lounge cars, with a "newstand" where the PPC service counter was, the Kachina Cafe where the PPC movie theater was, no swivel seats and entirely different interior decor (no wood paneling).

The Amtrak coach dorms were modified out of transition coaches. In pictures you can see the Amfleet windows replacing the original windows in the "dorm" section.

I recall seeing Santa Fe car car diagrams somewhere, but not Amtrak mods. The coach dorms were fairly significant modifications to the original cars, the lounges not so much.

Back