Hope I get my timetables!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P40Power

OBS Chief
Over the years I have ordered many things from the Amtrak Brochure request site on their website and thats how I obtained many of the timetables and travel planners in my collection. In 2000 they stopped offering timetables through the mail. A few months ago I went onto the site and they again offered timetables to be mailed to you so I requested one and I only got a travel planner for 2002. I was a bit dissapointed because I usually enjoy looking through the timetables and I usually use them to set my model trains to. They were just offering a national timetable then, but I just checked the site this past week and discovered that they were offering a Northeast timetable as well so I requested them, hopefully this time they send some timetables!

You can always just call 1-800-USA-RAIL and request that national and northeast timetables be mailed to you.

Yeah, I could always print them out if I really needed one but I like having an actual timetable, and if I dont recive them this time I will give em a call or something.

I download the timetables by using the Microsoft Explorer, it always works with me, my AOL 8.0 software never can download PDF files, for some reason.

P40Power said:
Yeah, I could always print them out if I really needed one but I like having an actual timetable, and if I dont recive them this time I will give em a call or something.
There's something about having that actual timetable. However, I can just go to Union Station in Chicago and get one. That way I get to enjoy walking through the station :D

Well too bad for me that the closest station for me is Pittsfield, MA, which is an Amshack which is in rough shape so they do not supply timetables there. A large intermodal center is being built by the BRTA across the tracks from the current station and is scheduled to open this fall and then I can probably get my timetables from there. Im also looking into getting a job of somesort there. I love Chicago Union Station, its such a nice place, when I went to St Louis I just got a bite to eat, walked around the place and went down to the Amtrak waiting room to watch all the trains come in and out, Its my kind of place!

I've been in and out of the Sacramento Amtrak station a number of times since the schedule change and all I can find are Capitol Corridor, San Joaquin and Surfliner updated schedules but no updated National. :(

Well, my dad will usually get me timetables from New York Penn Station, when he takes the train home. It being the most utilized station on the Amtrak system, they definitely will have the current timetables. I also do save the .pdf timetables just to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back