Hotel to Open In Baltimore Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmorechris

Train Attendant
From the Baltimore Sun, Amtrak is going to lease the top 3 floors of Baltimore Penn Station to a hotel developer.

"Under a plan endorsed by the Maryland Historical Trust, the hotel rooms will line the station's perimeter and will be reached from corridors overlooking the main concourse below."

Also, article mentions that Amtrak owns property north of the station (I believe the parking lot south of Lanvale St) that the city would like to have developed and connected to the station.

From the Baltimore Sun, Amtrak is going to lease the top 3 floors of Baltimore Penn Station to a hotel developer.
"Under a plan endorsed by the Maryland Historical Trust, the hotel rooms will line the station's perimeter and will be reached from corridors overlooking the main concourse below."

Also, article mentions that Amtrak owns property north of the station (I believe the parking lot south of Lanvale St) that the city would like to have developed and connected to the station.
Thanks for posting this article. I live about an hour from the station and am in and out of there fairly regularily and am pleased to see plans in the works to upgrade it. It is great example of the grand stations from the "golden age".

The question is will they try to gain any brand affiliation in this process. Having worked for an independent hotel before, it's very challenging to book business if you don't have a flag of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back