Hotels near Denver Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warbonnet

Service Attendant
Guys,

I'll be catching the westbound Cal. Zephyr from Den to Sac next month. Any hotels you can recommend near the downtown station in Denver. The closer the better (walking distance?)

Thanks,

Wb

Check out Amtrak's Hotel Reservations page at http://www.travelnow.com/index.jsp?cid=55984 . Type in Denver as your city and select "Denver Amtrak Station" from the "show hotels near landmark" button list at the top of the page. The site will show you a list of hotels and their features in the mileage order from closest to the train station. My search showed there were quite a few choices within 1/2 to 1 mile.

My only stay in LoDo (the once run down and now trendy Lower Downtown area of Denver near Union Station) was at the Oxford Hotel.

Depending upon how much money you want to spend, and whether you are just looking for a comfortable room or something more, the Oxford Hotel falls squarely in the something more, but at a price, category. It is located on 17th Street about one block from Union Station. It is a superbly restored hotel, over 110 years old, and offers rooms decorated with period furnishing. Extremely comfortable, very friendly, and service is great.

The one time I stayed there, my wife, two kids and I were taking the California Zephyr from Denver to San Francisco (my one and only take the entire family overnight train ride). As we were leaving with our ton of luggage, the bellhop put our bags on the brass hotel luggage cart and wheeled it down 17th Street and right in the Amtrak baggage room. We felt like celebrities.

Now for the bad news. Rates are about $200 per night (and up).

Here is a web link to the

Oxford Hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back