Hotels near PDX?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penfrydd

Service Attendant
As expected, the connection between CS and EB makes for an overnight in Portland. Looking for a reasonably priced but fairly nice hotel near the station and restaurants.

Never been to Portland; any good ideas for late afternoon/evening activities, and then for the following morning? I've heard about various gardens in town. Anything else that's not too strenuous? (knees...you know how it gets...)

One month to go before the big circle trip!

I've found that taking the Red Line to/from the airport saves on taxi fares, as most hotels have airport shuttle service but not Amtrak shuttle service! The Max Line is just across the street from the Station!

Also, I've enjoyed the "Portland Spirit" boat trips on the Willamette & Columbia Rivers. There is a Pink Trolley service that's interesting!

I've found that taking the Red Line to/from the airport saves on taxi fares, as most hotels have airport shuttle service but not Amtrak shuttle service! The Max Line is just across the street from the Station!
Involves one change at Rose Quarters from Yellow/Green to Red on the way to Portland Airport and vice versa on the way back. This involves a shorter walk than changing at Pioneer Square.

Involves one change at Rose Quarters from Yellow/Green to Red on the way to Portland Airport and vice versa on the way back. This involves a shorter walk than changing at Pioneer Square.
Definitely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back