Houston station taxi

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PollyHaven

Are there taxis available at Houston Amtrak station or do they need to be pre booked in advance. I will have an early evening arrival (hopefully!) on the Sunset Limited. I have never used Uber before but am guessing this could be the time to start!
Thank you

Are there taxis available at Houston Amtrak station or do they need to be pre booked in advance. I will have an early evening arrival (hopefully!) on the Sunset Limited. I have never used Uber before but am guessing this could be the time to start!
Thank you
Good plan, the Houston Amshack is located close to downtown in a less than desirable location.

I have not seen any Taxis @ the Station during the Sunset Ltds Dwell there, and with the Traffic being east it is in H Town, I'd say Ride Share is the Way to Go!!

Seconding what's been said - I've had good luck with ubers in Houston countless times, at all hours of the day. The station is close enough to downtown you shouldn't have to wait long. Download the app now, get your credit card added to it, and beyond that somebody should be able to help you with it when yoh get off the train if it comes to that.

Taxis are generally not that easy to get in Houston in my experience (without calling). Not in any location really (except at the airports).

So Uber is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back