How do I get a ticket printed for Amtrak/bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan

My daughter is traveling from Salisbury, Md. There is no train there and she has to board a bus through Amtrak to get her to train location. This ticket is not "E" ticket eligible and there is no Amtrak kiosk at bus terminal. Mailing It to her is not an option as she will be traveling within a couple days. Any help would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks

I need to know where my daughter can go and get ticket printed in Salisbury,Md.

Call Amtrak up at 1-800-USA-RAIL and talk to an agent. They will definitely have an option (not a necessarily completely seemless for you though) to ticket you in time.

I'm not familiar with this thruway connection oporator but know there are at least two possible options since you can't get the paper value tickets delivered in time, these vary completely depending upon Amtrak's relationship with the thruway operator and only an agent can tell you:

1) Your daughter will give her ID to the Thruway driver operator who will retain it until she gets to BWI where she will visit the ticket counter to get fully ticketed. (I've experienced this with all the California Thruway operators)

2) Amtrak we'll tell you that they can't ticket you and that you'll have to buy a separate bus ticket directly from the bus company. buy a normal bus ticket from Salisbury to BWI (on the thruway bus) and just buy an Amtrak ticket (that will be eTicket eligible) from BWI to her final destination. (This happened to me when I called Amtrak up to try and make a reservation starting in Bangor, ME a couple days before travel. I had to buy two separate tickets, one from Concord Coach Lines (the thruway operator, these buses are just a regular bus service that doesn't accept reservations, Amtrak tickets can actually be used on any departure I was told by an Amtrak agent in Portland) for the bus I wanted and then a connecting train ticket to the Downeaster. The total regular fare added up to the same price but I ended up paying a couple of $ more because of the lack of Amtrak ticketing in Bangor since I couldn't get my NARP discount for the full trip.)

Can you daughter get to a station that has a quick trak machine or a ticket agent? An agent at ANY station, not just Salisbury, can print the ticket for her.

Salisbury, MD is on the Delmarva peninsula. No train stations down there. And since she needs to take a bus as part of her Amtrak trip, I'm guessing the nearest station is the one she's taking the bus to (BWI?)

I use Bayrunner shuttle frequently. Call them, they're very cooperative. They have their own website which you can book online from SBY to BWI. Now with Amtrak etickets, you should be able to print the train ticket at home on your computer.

Formerly, I would book all segments on Amtrak's website, usually from SBY to BWI, then BWI to WAS, then WAS to NOL. The tickets came by mail and it was nerve-wracking waiting, because the mails are slow down here. Usually I would call Amtrak & ask them to mail the tickets a little earlier than they usually did. Most times they would, but sometimes would fuss...

Now with Bayrunner's own online booking and Amtrak's ticketing, that problem should be solved. Hope it works for you.

PaulS

Paul S, I realize that Amtrak Thruway Connections are a grey area for Amtrak points but by booking the Bay Runner separately I assume your missing out on points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back