How far do seats recline in roomettes?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha

There is much good information in this thread, and others have sorta said this, but I need to put this in simple words. The seats in roomettes recline to a flat position. :rolleyes: Sorry Just a little levity. :lol: :eek:

I think the main problem with the seat recline in the superliner roomette's is that the top part of the seat, the headrest, does not recline with the rest of the seat. It's mounted to the wall. So you get into a situation where your head can get into interesting positions at times. Still, I manage to stay comfortable with judicious pillow use. The only problem I've had was traveling with my son (we're both 6' with size 12 feet), the real estate between seats got a bit crowded... Also when you have the bed down, the headrest portion still sticks to the wall, so sitting against the walls isn't as comfortable as it could be. Oh well, beats flying!
Yes,I have run into the same problem in Superliners. Even with pillows to fill the gap, it's not comfy for me to sit up and read in bed. Can't remember how Viewliners do this.

Aloha
There is much good information in this thread, and others have sorta said this, but I need to put this in simple words. The seats in roomettes recline to a flat position. :rolleyes: Sorry Just a little levity. :lol: :eek:
Thanks for adding to a weighty issue...

Would not the SCA be upset if the passenger is fooling around with the beds during the day? Or don't they care? Is there any protocol involved in putting down beds during the day? Do you have to inform the SCA about it?
If I am going to use the upper during the day, I request the SCA to set it up with bedding and they always oblige. There are lots of people who make such use of the upper during the day on Viewliners. As I said I never use the upper in Supers, so it is a non-issue there. The SCAs will be quite happy to lay out the bedding for you in the lower too for use during the day, if you request so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back