How long for mailed tickets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also my october tickets for the philly gathering arrived today also.
I have tickets that I ordered in January for a trip in October which still have not arrived.

I'll be taking an in-person trip in June, if I still don't have my tickets by then will I be able to just "pick them up"?

Also my october tickets for the philly gathering arrived today also.
I have tickets that I ordered in January for a trip in October which still have not arrived.

I'll be taking an in-person trip in June, if I still don't have my tickets by then will I be able to just "pick them up"?
Are you getting on a staffed station? if so, the tickets are not mailed out, they are picked up at the station.. If you are going to a station that is not staffed, then they are mailed. You can call Amtrak to have them mailed to you, or stop at a staffed station and they can print it out for you.

No, the Oct trip is out of Slidell, no QT or staff.

My June trip is out of NOL, I guess if I still don't have them by then I'll pick them up.

No, the Oct trip is out of Slidell, no QT or staff.

My June trip is out of NOL, I guess if I still don't have them by then I'll pick them up.
I'd call Amtrak and ask them about the ticket status.. Maybe it got mailed? If not, then have them mail it.

Is there any chance that they may be delaying mailing them out in anticipation of an eTicketing launch, and are hoping to send out eTickets (or have people use eTickets instead of mailed tickets) for trips that are further out?
This is standard for Amtrak. The printing/mailing department isn't exactly huge. So they deal with mailing the tickets for the closest upcoming trips first, then as time permits they work into the future.

I suppose that there is also a chance that eTicketing could be having a further influence on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back