How often are roomette/bedroom toilets cleaned?

• Thread starter Sandra Wihan of Austria
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are old but considering how old, I think the bedrooms that I have ridden in are in pretty good condition. I ALWAYS take Lysol and wipes to do a quick clean when I first get in the room. Spraying handles,vents,toilet bedding,pillows,etc. Then I wipe down the bathroom and hard surfaces. Sometimes I wipe then spray. Even the floor I spray with Lysol. Then I feel comfy. But there are always clean towels, fresh soap(I bring my own) and blankets are in plastic.

You might get the jerk we had when we got on eastbound from ABQ. No nametag. No ID. Apparently someone had gotten off who had our room so we asked him to clean the toilet. "Why? Is it dirty?" Then he got out his flashlight, leaned into the bathroom and looked into the toilet. Then he decided he would clean it. Needless to say since he offered no help boarding or disembarking, was only seen at any time was in the evening when he made up the bed and otherwise was a zit, he got no tip. His tip was added to that of the following Capitol Limited attendant who got a double tip and well deserved it.

Needless to say since he offered no help boarding or disembarking, was only seen at any time was in the evening when he made up the bed and otherwise was a zit, he got no tip.
Now, to me, that the perfect attendant. :D

I don't need any help with the one bag we take on board (the rest get checked). I "convert" the room from day-time to night-time myself, and that's based on my judgment of when my kid needs to go to sleep and when to wakeup.

Now some attendants still managed to do something special, like the who gave my kid an emergency light stick to use as a nightlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back