How would you go to Birmingham?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, driving from Memphis to Birmingham is in no way "much longer" than driving from Jackson. In fact, it's the exact same distance over roads of the exact same quality. US-78 from Memphis to Birmingham is interstate quality for all but about the last 3 miles where it intersects I-65 north of Birmingham. There's also a good deal of construction on I-59/20 in the Tuscaloosa area, so it's probably much quicker driving from Memphis than from Jackson. Trust me, I actually live there, this guy is totally off-base.

That sounds like fun :) If it isn't eighty gazillion degrees out.

Seriously, driving from Memphis to Birmingham is in no way "much longer" than driving from Jackson. In fact, it's the exact same distance over roads of the exact same quality. US-78 from Memphis to Birmingham is interstate quality for all but about the last 3 miles where it intersects I-65 north of Birmingham. There's also a good deal of construction on I-59/20 in the Tuscaloosa area, so it's probably much quicker driving from Memphis than from Jackson. Trust me, I actually live there, this guy is totally off-base.
Thanks for all that info, good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back