I have an AGR reservation number, hot to get the itinerary?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRrich

Conductor
I called AGR and booked a trip, since I said I wanted to pickup the tickets, all they gave me is a rezzie number. How can I get the itinerary prior to picking up the ticket?

Call them back and ask them to email one to you.
I did. I was told "we don't have that capability", but they do have the capability to send me emails with my reservation number and when my trip starts - they sent me two such - with the same reservation number but different starting dates!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I did. I was told "we don't have that capability", but they do have the capability to send me emails with my reservation number and when my trip starts - they sent me two such - with the same reservation number but different starting dates!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Aloha

Now that you have the res. number. Bet the Agents after Julie can get it for you.

That is false; they do have the ability to send out a confirmation. It may be that they don't yet know how to do that, since it has been less than a month since the transfer to the new company. But I have asked for and received emailed itineraries for reward trips. The most recent back in June of this year.

However, as other's have suggested, you can probably also get any agent at the regular Amtrak number to email you the itinerary or if convienent, visit with an agent in a station as they can print out the itinerary with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Aloha

Now that you have the res. number. Bet the Agents after Julie can get it for you.
Yup!! Agent sent it to me NO SWEAT - why he sent me 3 copies, I don't know but 3 is a heck of a lot better than none. ;)

QUESTION, one of the [strikeout]turkeys[/strikeout] agents told me that if I didn't retrieve my tickets within 2 months, the AGR rezzie would vanish. Sounds preposterous, but that in not unusual in my limited Amtrak experience. Any comments on that?

QUESTION, one of the [strikeout]turkeys[/strikeout] agents told me that if I didn't retrieve my tickets within 2 months, the AGR rezzie would vanish. Sounds preposterous, but that in not unusual in my limited Amtrak experience. Any comments on that?
That's one that I've not heard before and frankly I don't know why it should vanish, since it is a paid reservation. But this is a new perk for the AGR program, so anything is possible if unlikely.

I do know that orginally unless you were picking up the tickets with a month, AGR had to mail them to you. You could not request a Quik-Trak/Agent pickup unless the travel date was less than a month. So perhaps that's what the agent is thinking of.

Back