I need some help

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gina

Hey This is my first time ever traveling by train, and I can't figure this out. I can't find any trains going anywhere near my destination, and the time and date is something that i was hoping to decide around my train. Can someone please explain this? :rolleyes:

Gina, first off sorry to hear you're struggling so far with your trip. If you'd tell us your origin and destination we might be able to help you better. Without specifics I can tell you there are parts of the country that are only served by tri-weekly (otherwise known as try-weakly) service, where trains only run through each city three times a week, that might be a problem. Also, as far as times go, many long distance routes are only served by one train a day, and as a result may not have the best times to intermediate cities (Cincinnati comes to mind). Give us some specifics and we can help you to the best of our ability.

Keep in mind, if your trip isn't that short, that Amtrak offers garunteed thruway services(busses) to more destinations. This can allow you to take the train part of the way, if you dont mind riding the bus.

Ooh, ooh, a game of guess the destination!

Lets see, popular tourist destination, Amtrak doesn't go there... I'm gonna say Las Vegas!

Guest said:
Ooh, ooh, a game of guess the destination!Lets see, popular tourist destination, Amtrak doesn't go there... I'm gonna say Las Vegas!
Technically amtrak dose go there. Just not with a train. :lol:

engine999 said:
Guest said:
Ooh, ooh, a game of guess the destination!Lets see, popular tourist destination, Amtrak doesn't go there...  I'm gonna say Las Vegas!
Technically amtrak dose go there. Just not with a train. :lol:
Aloha

They will sell me a ticket from Honolulu to Los Vegas! only the small print has me connecting in LA union Station to a"Motor Coach" but they wont ticket me direct to LV

Guest said:
Ooh, ooh, a game of guess the destination!Lets see, popular tourist destination, Amtrak doesn't go there...  I'm gonna say Las Vegas!
My guess is Acapulco.

Phoenix is my call. Even they serve near by Maricopa there is no bus service to Phoenix.

I think it's like twenty or thirty minutes, but I haven't physically been there to tell. I do believe that there is a staffed station in Maricopa, however (the timetable seems to indicate this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back