Ideas For L.A. Transit

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
Mayor, it's time to get moving

Christopher Hawthorne is the L.A. Times' Architecture Critic. I always read his reviews, but when I saw he was writing about transit, my first thought was along the lines of "What's THIS guy doing writing about THAT!?"

Reading further, though, it made a good deal of sense, because the bigger picture concerns the way transit integrates with the overall urban environment. Not all of the article is about transit, and it covers three main initiatives (transit first) Hawthorne believes newly re-elected L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa should pursue in his second term (assuming he doesn't run for governor, about which he's been coy and cagey).

The headline linked above was used in the print edition, with the article in "Critic's Notebook" format in the Calendar section, but the article was nowhere to be found in the online version of the section. Some searching turned up that it's a print version of the online-only feature "Culture Monster" ("all the arts, all the time"), with the headline "Dear Mr. Mayor: Congrats, and here's your to-do list."

Back