Idiot Missed His Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! I've seen a lot of human vs. train stupidity on YouTube, but this really takes the cake! Also, some of the YouTube comments are priceless!

Would you believe me if I said I've seen a different video that's a lot like this? I can't find it, but I think the guy tried to grab onto the train in between two cars.

If he grabbed onto the engine instead, he could have climbed up and entered the cab.....

Seriously, though, that moron is lucky to be alive.....

Wow what an idiot!

Actually I recall one time a hobo attempted to hitch a ride by holding the handrails between some Metrolink cars. The engineer caught the dude and the stopped the train. Since we are still at the platform at LAUS, the guy was delivered right into the arms of some handy Sheriff's deputy's. Apparently he left his stuff on board and failed to hear the last call, doors are closing announcement.

It was indeed an increbibly stupid thing for the passenger to do, and he was lucky to survive...

On the other hand, the conductor saw the passenger standing there before the train started moving, so why not open the doors again? Have a happy customer for a 30 second delay? Seems a mean way to treat anyone.

From my perspective, the conductors apparent lack of care is shown by the fact that he did not stop the train to see if the passenger was injured.

Ed :cool:

It was indeed an increbibly stupid thing for the passenger to do, and he was lucky to survive...

On the other hand, the conductor saw the passenger standing there before the train started moving, so why not open the doors again? Have a happy customer for a 30 second delay? Seems a mean way to treat anyone.

From my perspective, the conductors apparent lack of care is shown by the fact that he did not stop the train to see if the passenger was injured.

It's not the job of the conductor to cater to late passengers. I've been late to plenty of trains in my time. Sometimes I've been let on, sometimes not. I feel for this guy, but not the conductor's fault.

I thought it looked like Johnny from SOL, but nevertheless,

whoever it was, he was SOL!!

Looks like the platform is curved, and he may not been able to see him at first.

However If the conductor saw him jump onto the train he should have told the engineer to put it in emergency. If the guy got dragged under the train then amtrak has a lawsuit on there hands for not stopping. But like its been said we don't know how sharp that curve if and if he could tell he jumped on. It looks like the conductor saw him jump on as he grabbed the radio but then the guy fell off and cleared the train so he opted not to say anything.

However If the conductor saw him jump onto the train he should have told the engineer to put it in emergency. If the guy got dragged under the train then amtrak has a lawsuit on there hands for not stopping. But like its been said we don't know how sharp that curve if and if he could tell he jumped on. It looks like the conductor saw him jump on as he grabbed the radio but then the guy fell off and cleared the train so he opted not to say anything.
Well in a way I think the conductor probably did see the man running at the train. Whether he could see the actual jump itself, he saw the man running, because he started off screen. That is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back