If you or someone you know is traveling on February 6..

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobWeaver

Lead Service Attendant
http://www.bytrain.org/feb6disrupt.html

Bridge Work Improvements

Alters Service for

Trains 79, 80 & 91, 92

on February 6

Due to bridge work improvements scheduled for Wednesday, February 6, there will be altered service for the following trains:

Train 80

Train 80 will run on its normal schedule between Charlotte and Raleigh only.

Service between Raleigh and New York is cancelled.

No alternate transportation will be provided.

Train 79

Train 79 will run on its normal schedule between New York and Washington only.

Service between Washington and Charlotte is cancelled.

Trains 73 & 74

Trains 73 & 74 will operate on their normal schedules.

Trains 91 & 92

Trains 91 & 92 will not make regularly scheduled North Carolina stops at Cary, Raleigh and Southern Pines.

This is the first I've heard of this disruption, as I just found it on the NCDOT website. Anybody have an idea of what kind of bridge work can be completed in one day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have an idea of what kind of bridge work can be completed in one day?
Usually the work goes on over a much longer period of time. What this means is that they need more track time at one time than they can fit in between normal scheduled movements.

The other question is WHERE ?

I get it down to between Raleigh and Selma. If it is west of Raleigh, then the 73, 74, 79 would not be running. If it is on the old ACL north of Selma then all Florida/Carolina trains would be affected. If it is on the old ACL south of Selma, that would have no bearing on Raleigh, Cary, Southern Pines. If it is on the old SAL south of Cary, then there would be no affect on the Carolinian. That leaves between Raleigh and Selma on the NS / NCRR unless I am missing something.

I would think so too. I'll talk to my sources, because it sounds like the Star may see some rare mileage...

I would think so too. I'll talk to my sources, because it sounds like the Star may see some rare mileage...
I think so too. Judging from a map, 92 could make its stop at Hamlet, NC and then cut east/southeast until it meets the A-Line in Pembroke where it would continue northbound. The reverse could be done with 91.

I think so too. Judging from a map, 92 could make its stop at Hamlet, NC and then cut east/southeast until it meets the A-Line in Pembroke where it would continue northbound. The reverse could be done with 91.
And probably have to "wait for time" at their first sceduled stop after the detour.

And probably have to "wait for time" at their first sceduled stop after the detour.
I'm sure CSX will adore that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back