I'm back...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewliner

Engineer
Just wanted to say for those of you that haven't realized it already, that I'm back. The trip had it's high points and low points, and I'll be posting a trip report soon.

PS, if anyone can access or knows someone who can access ARROW, I'd like to know what MHC was added to 98 this morning in WAS. :) :D

Viewliner said:
Just wanted to say for those of you that haven't realized it already, that I'm back. The trip had it's high points and low points, and I'll be posting a trip report soon.
PS, if anyone can access or knows someone who can access ARROW, I'd like to know what MHC was added to 98 this morning in WAS. :) :D
Viewliner, I hope you enjoyed your trip!!! I have a feeling that it was you (as a matter of fact I am sure it was you) who was with me on your return trip home! :D :)

Amtrak OBS Employee said:
Viewliner said:
Just wanted to say for those of you that haven't realized it already, that I'm back.  The trip had it's high points and low points, and I'll be posting a trip report soon.  
Viewliner, I hope you enjoyed your trip!!! I have a feeling that it was you (as a matter of fact I am sure it was you) who was with me on your return trip home! :D :)
Really, that's interesting. What was your job/role (so I can try to remember/picture which employee you were)

As a little preview, I posted a great picture of #1 on my index page. The link is in my signature for those who wish to view it. I'll post at least part 1 by the end of the week.

Looks like I was on your trainset a couple of day later Viewliner, I had the 1126 followed by a Viewliner on Friday, I think. :lol: Also had the 85 on Monday, which I know was your power on 98. This isn't unusual though.

As some of you know, I was traveling the same days as Viewliner, but on the opposite trains. On April 2nd into the 3rd, when VL was on the southbound SILVER STAR, I was behind him on the SILVER METEOR. And on April 10th into the 11th, when VL was on the nortbound SILVER METEOR, I was on the STAR, also running several hours behind his train. We sent a few text messages between trains, which for the most part were not too late, although my #97(2) was about 1.5 hours late into Winter Haven, where I got off.

I rode Philadelphia-Winter Haven both ways.

Just in case anyone is interested, here are the consists of these two trains.

#97(2)

---------

904 -- AEM-7 locomotive (NYP-WAS)/ 183 -- P-42 locomotive (WAS-MIA)

1230 -- Baggage

2510 -- Dorm

62046 -- Viewliner sleeper

62021 -- Viewliner sleeper

8550 -- Diner

28016 -- Lounge

25100 -- Amfleet II coach (sat here)

25070 -- Amfleet II coach

25068 -- Amfleet II coach

25056 -- Amfleet II coach

#92(10)

----------

83 -- P-42 locomotive (JAX-WAS only)

152 -- P-42 locomotive (MIA-WAS)/ 657 -- HHP-8 locomotive (WAS-NYP)

1709 -- Baggage

2515 -- Dorm

62001 -- Viewliner sleeper

62027 -- Viewliner sleeper

8527 -- Diner

28013 -- Lounge

25074 -- Amfleet II coach (sat here)

25051 -- Amfleet II coach

25006 -- Amfleet II coach

25093 -- Amfleet II coach

(Plus 11 boxcars JAX-WAS, hence the extra power)

SD, looks like you had the same set on 9210 as I did on 9108. Obviously different crews, but it is sort of strange that the train made it back out with the same power, usually the same pony doesn't go back out with the same set, but it apparently happens.

battalion51 said:
SD, looks like you had the same set on 9210 as I did on 9108. Obviously different crews, but it is sort of strange that the train made it back out with the same power, usually the same pony doesn't go back out with the same set, but it apparently happens.
More so is you have pictures of 98 (I think) that turned to be my 91. In ORL on the way back, I saw 91(09), which had alot of the same cars as 97(2)

Namely:

Possibly 62046

Which reminds me, I had your pony on Monday Viewliner (on 9111), 85 was leadin me down to DLB.

Then again I've probably got a lot of road power in common with a lot of people, 122 ponies and counting.

Viewliner said:
Amtrak OBS Employee said:
Viewliner said:
Just wanted to say for those of you that haven't realized it already, that I'm back.  The trip had it's high points and low points, and I'll be posting a trip report soon.  
Really, that's interesting. What was your job/role (so I can try to remember/picture which employee you were)
There were two other folks with you to which I figured were your mother and a younger brother. As for who I am, well, let's just say, I was one of the waiters in the diner, but I wasn't the one who poured a tea refill in your mom's soda!!!! LOL :lol: :D

Viewliner said:
I posted Part 1 of my trip report, minus the pictures. I'll update that trip report gradually, hopefully I'll get to either Part 2 or the Part 1 photos within the link.
http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakonline/tripreports.html
I just read the first part of your trip report! As with any trip, there are no two trips which are the same!!!! As reading the evidence of what you are reporting confirms that, I will be very interested in reading about the trip home! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back