I'm booked!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's it i'm booked on the CZ & LSL EMY-CHI-BOS round trip. Me and my grandma have a sleeper all the way- roomette on the CZ and bedroom on the LSL.

First of all, how are the mattresses in the sleepers? I'm not worried as i can sleep on the floor really easy but my grandma probably cant ;) .

Also what do you make of this, it seems as i'm booked on an LSL out of CHI at 10PM and 9PM, ill assume that the schedule changed and we'll leave at 9.

Cant wait for my first overnight trip! :)

448 Lake Shore Limited Chicago, IL

- Union Station

(CHI)

10:00 pm

17-AUG-09 Boston, MA

- South Station

(BOS)

9:45 pm

18-AUG-09 1 Bedroom

- Union Station

(CHI)

9:00 pm

17-AUG-09 Boston, MA

- South Station

(BOS)

9:45 pm

18-AUG-09 1 Bedroom

- Union Station

(CHI)

9:00 pm

17-AUG-09 Boston, MA

- South Station

(BOS)

9:10 pm

18-AUG-09 1 Bedroom

449 Lake Shore Limited Boston, MA

- South Station

(BOS)

11:55 am

21-AUG-09 Chicago, IL

- Union Station

(CHI)

9:45 am

22-AUG-09 1 Bedroom

5 California Zephyr Chicago, IL

- Union Station

(CHI)

2:00 pm

22-AUG-09 Emeryville, CA

(EMY)

5:10 pm

24-AUG-09 1 Superliner Roomette

First, yes, the schedule has changed for the Lake Shore Limited out of Chicago. It used to leave at 10, now it departs at 9:00 PM instead.

As for the rooms, I kind of figure that you plan to do this anyhow, but put grandma on the bottom bed. That one will be softer, since the mattress is placed on top of the seats and their resulting cushiness helps. The upper bunks only have a 1" or so thick mattress. I'm personally never uncomfortable up top, but I have seen posts from some who didn't like it all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back