I'm ready to roll!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frj1983

OBS Chief
I won't be posting for 12 days as my Wife and I highball from Chicago tomorrow night on train #59 and spend a week in the warmth of New Orleans. I'm looking forward to trying out the Cross Country Cafe and will report on my trip when I return!

Yahoo, first Amtrak vacation in 3 years!!!!! :D

frj1983,

As we have talked before about this, just wanted to say have a great time in Nawlins. My bud and I are going down on the 59 tomorrow morning and coming home on the 58 Sunday....we will wave at y'all when we pass! Now if we could just convince everyone to ride down to Nawlins this weekend.....we'd be set! Best time of the year to visit folks....crawfish are just right, beer is cold, weather is not in the 100's........

Laissez les bon temps roullez dans les trains!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MStrain

Aloha to both and enjoy your trips to NO. Twice I was supposed to go there but they got canceled hopefully the 3rd time is the charm

frj1983,
As we have talked before about this, just wanted to say have a great time in Nawlins. My bud and I are going down on the 59 tomorrow morning and coming home on the 58 Sunday....we will wave at y'all when we pass! Now if we could just convince everyone to ride down to Nawlins this weekend.....we'd be set! Best time of the year to visit folks....crawfish are just right, beer is cold, weather is not in the 100's........

Laissez les bon temps roullez dans les trains!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MStrain
Folks, sorry a little off-topic, but can you or someone else talk a little more about what times of year are good to visit NOL?

I was gonna take 58/59 down there sometime while I still live on the route, and I was kind of thinking November or January. I am perfectly happy avoiding being in the South in peak vacation time in the summer months (it's hot and humid enough in Illinois in July!) as others have advised.

Well, that's pretty much my question. Never been, and I know some people on this board are regular visitors and/or nearby residents. I like it fine if it's a little brisk out (50's deg F) but cold and wet or raining the whole time are bad.

<edit> Oh, and enjoy your trip! :) </edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back