Immigration Checks from Maricopa, AZ to LA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I am looking into traveling from Maricopa, Arizona to Union Station in LA. I will be traveling with someone who is currently working on their Immigration status and I am concerned about any possible interaction with Immigration officials. So, for those of you who have traveled this route before: should I be concerned about immigration?

Should you be concerned?

If immigration/border patrol officials have half a brain, this forum would be checked daily for leads.
yeah, it's not like they have people coming their way from Mexico and Central America as we speak. Looking through this forum would be the best use of their time and taxpayer dollars.

I ride MRC to LAX frequently. It's a nighttime ride. Never have seen any checks west of Tucson in my experience.

We got checked leaving El Paso (eastbound) several years ago. Agent was puzzled what Canadians were doing "down this way", but no issues.

You could tell them you had been in Yuma, Arizona, where they sell ball caps labeled "Yuma: The Southernmost City in Canada," for all the snowbirds from the Prairie Provinces to wear.

Back