Incident On An Acela (3/10)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nshvlcat

Service Attendant
Amtrak police cuffed a man wielding a butcher knife on an Acela train today at the Metropark station in NJ. Conductor called for their assistance. No injuries as man was subdued and taken into custody.

When I was aboard the Southwest Chief in October from Los Angeles to Chicago, 3 people had to be removed from the train before we even reached the California Eastern border.

Sorry this happened today and I hope it did not cause harm to the travel plans for those onboard.

Hey, its Jersey, he probably thought he needed it for protection from the Governor!

Seriously, glad no-one was hurt, kuddos to the Am Police!
Not that I can say I'm there everyday I'm there often enough usually only see Amtrak Police there probably around 20% of the time. More likely NJT police or Woodbridge twnsp that would have been there first.

Hey, its Jersey, he probably thought he needed it for protection from the Governor!

Seriously, glad no-one was hurt, kuddos to the Am Police!
Not that I can say I'm there everyday I'm there often enough usually only see Amtrak Police there probably around 20% of the time. More likely NJT police or Woodbridge twnsp that would have been there first.
Being an LSA, I can tell you I see APD on-board a train I'm working probably 75% of the time, at one point or another. Quite frequently I see them ride in between NYP and MET or PHL. It's possible they were already on-board.

I was on that train this am! The conducter was amazing at calming the man... It was crazy but no injuries

I was on that train this am! The conducter was amazing at calming the man... It was crazy but no injuries
What I observed on the SWC, the crew did any excellent job in restraining the individuals from creating problems for other passengers.

jim jim jim..... :mellow:
Okay--I tried to resist, but just can't. We can't find our Governor in NJ--he's never here anymore!
Yeah Mr. Blowhard is always somewhere else. Then again the guy may have been trying to get away from the Governor of New York (who is no saint either) and was shoicked when he landed himself in NJ too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this article:

A train conductor requested assistance from Amtrak police, who boarded the train at the Metropark station in N.J.
So, did there just happen to be some Amtrak cops at the MET station (plausible). Or did the cops

drive really fast to catch up with the train??? Was the train sitting at MET for a while until the cops

arrived, or were the cops there waiting for the train to pull in?

Anyhow, good to see it was resolved without injury, and hopefully the perp gets the appropriate

punishment/mental help.

Amtrak police are know to ride up and down the corridor through NJ on Acelas. So I would not be surprised at all if some had just dropped in at Metropark to grab some Dunkin Donuts and Coffee or some such. :)

Speaking of Dunkin Donuts, last time I was driving around in Long Island I had Waze on on my smartphone. Guaranteed way of detecting a Dunkin Donuts was to look for concentration of Cop Cars! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back