Indian High Speed Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DET63

Conductor
This has been around for at least a couple of years, and possibly already posted here.

I notice there appears to have been no emergency stop for this train!

I see there's another thread about a train killing some elephants in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been around for at least a couple of years, and possibly already posted here.

Why would there be an emergency stop? It was a close call but no one was hurt. :) Such close calls are not at all uncommon in India, unfortunately, since people seem to be quite blase about these things. If you search Youtube, I am sure you will be able to find dozens of similar ones. If trains did emergency stops for each of these there won;t be many trains moving in India, unfortunately. ;)

If a cow had strayed onto the track, would the train have gone into emergency (given what many members of the predominant Hindu religion believe about cows, i.e., don't kill them)?

If a cow had strayed onto the track, would the train have gone into emergency (given what many members of the predominant Hindu religion believe about cows, i.e., don't kill them)?
It wouldn't have stopped. The specific instruction and training is for engineers not to try to stop because it can be dangerous for the train to do so. Cows and Buffaloes die all the time while hanging around on tracks.

Doesn't that create bad karma?

Well, it can't be very good karma for the cows.

While I think Hindus (or at least some of them) refuse to kill cows or eat beef, they have no such compunction about killing and/or eating a buffalo.

Perhaps there is some sort of forgiveness for a train driver (or whatever they call engineers in India) who snuffs out a side of beef on the tracks.

Back