Info. regarding discount codes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

racer1735

Service Attendant
Could someone tell me if I must be a member of Amtrak's Guest Rewards program to use codes H569 or H571 to book tickets online? Thanks in advance!

Could someone tell me if I must be a member of Amtrak's Guest Rewards program to use codes H569 or H571 to book tickets online? Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure just what the requirements might be for those codes, although I do believe that H571 is supposed to only be used by those who are members in AGR.

However a better question would be, why aren't you an AGR member? It costs nothing to join, so you have nothing to loose. As long as you take at least one ride every three years your points never expire, so sooner or later you should end up with enough points to earn a free ticket.

So why not join and then it won't matter if those codes are for AGR members or not?

Good point. I take one trip a year...well, take one trip of three people each year, so the points won't amount to much for me.

Also check http://www.milesmall.com/amtrak/merchlist.php for the list of merchants Amtrak partners with, you get points for purchases at those merchants. Merchants like Target, Avon, Barnes & Noble.com, BestBuy, BoatersWorld, BOOKSAMILLION.COM, Buy.com, CircuitCity, CompUSA, JCPenney, JCWhitney, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, and a bunch of others. I was unaware of this program until I just happened to stumble across it a couple of days ago. NOTE: You have to have registered with this program beforehand, and you have to make the purchases online, starting with their site, but if it gets you the same price it would otherwise, this might not be a bad deal, if a bit of a hassle by not being able to just buy it direct by walking into the store. With those very large and well-known merchants, a lot of the things I purchase could potentially be purchased through this program, with AGR points accruing as a result.

What do H569 & H571 discount codes do/provide?
They are codes that provide between 15% and 25% discount on coach fare. Not sure which one provided which rate.

(edited to fix quotes - AmtrakWPK)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do H569 & H571 discount codes do/provide?
They are codes that provide between 15% and 25% discount on coach fare. Not sure which one provided which rate.

(edited to fix quotes - AmtrakWPK)
H571 is 20% off, and i'm not sure about H569, but i think IIRC, it's 15% off. H570 actually gives you a better deal(25% off), but you now have to book that code with an agent or on the phone(and can no longer do it online). i used to use H570 all the time, until they stopped allowing riders to use it online and at Quik-Trak machines. currently, i use H571 regularly when i make reservations online. you'll be fine too if you aren't a member of AGR, i'm not a member either of it, and i've never been questioned whether i was an AGR member or not(H571 and H569, but not H570, are also valid if you use Quik-Trak machines to purchase tickets). never mind the fact that i do eventually want to join AGR at some point.....

H571, H569, and H570 are all good through December 14th, in addition.

currently, i use H571 regularly when i make reservations online. you'll be fine too if you aren't a member of AGR, i'm not a member either of it, and i've never been questioned whether i was an AGR member or not(H571 and H569, but not H570, are also valid if you use Quik-Trak machines to purchase tickets). never mind the fact that i do eventually want to join AGR at some point.....
Not to be flip, but what are you waiting for?

Are you afraid of free rides? :lol:

If you've used H570 that many times already, then you've lost out on a fair amount of points. Join AGR now, it only takes a few minutes of your time. It costs nothing to join and as long as you take at least 1 ride in a three year period, your points will never expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back