Introduction -- Looking Forward to Train Travel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody. My husband P&SR has been telling me about this discussion group, and what a great place it is for sharing ideas about travel. Right now we're planning a train trip to Canada for next summer, so we'll be keeping our eyes open here for helpful information.

Back in 2004 I was riding the San Joaquin southbound across the California Delta on a moonlit night, to rendezvous with my husband after his first cross-country train trip to Boston. There had been a recent break in the levees, so high water was lapping at the tracks on both sides for miles. The water stretched on as far as the eye could see, reflecting the moonlight all the way. To me, that moment personified "the Romance of the Rails".

Hello everybody. My husband P&SR has been telling me about this discussion group, and what a great place it is for sharing ideas about travel. Right now we're planning a train trip to Canada for next summer, so we'll be keeping our eyes open here for helpful information.
Back in 2004 I was riding the San Joaquin southbound across the California Delta on a moonlit night, to rendezvous with my husband after his first cross-country train trip to Boston. There had been a recent break in the levees, so high water was lapping at the tracks on both sides for miles. The water stretched on as far as the eye could see, reflecting the moonlight all the way. To me, that moment personified "the Romance of the Rails".
Welcome to the Forum, Moonlight Express! Glad to have you on-board!

We'll certainly try to help as much as possible with your trip. Feel free to ask any questions!

I'm glad you don't think your husband is weird for his train obsession... :p :lol:

Happy travels,

jackal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back