Iphone Software

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdon

Train Attendant
I'm sorry for having to bring up a topic already covered in forum but quite recently there was a response posted listing software that would help in managing Amtrak as well as airtravel. The writer named products that were useful for the Iphone and on the computer. I can't seem to find it, can someone lead me back to that post. Thanks

Take a look at IBM Maximizes Maximo for a Smarter World to see how Amtrak is going to use the iPhone for its business and also for providing additional functionality to its customers.

Amtrak is using IBM’s Maximo software to manage the assets along its Northeast corridor, where the railroad company not only operates the fastest trains in the nation, but also owns the tracks. Amtrak officials use Maximo to monitor and manage such assets as the tracks, electric substations and relays, said Bill Broughton, director of EAM (enterprise asset management) for the railroad.
Amtrak also has plans to expand the software’s use. Amtrak is working on a pilot program in which track inspectors are given Apple iPhones that can use the Maximo software to enable more real-time flow of information from the field, Broughton said. In addition, Amtrak also is using kiosks powered by Maximo for employee attendance management.

It’s the Everyplace feature that AMtrak is using in its pilot program with the iPhone, he said. Users will be able to access their Maximo applications through browsers on their wireless devices. It’s due for general release in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back