is first class worth it?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth the bed ? YES

Worth the shower? YES

Worth the food ? Depends, "I" say no, but most people here seem to think Applebees is gourmet dining. ^_^

But what the hell, it's included :giggle:
The food is ok,but at least when I have the sleeper I don't have to lug my fried chicken,pound cake,ritz crackers,cheese,water.capri sun,loaf of bread,potato chips,candy,fruit,lunch meat,mayo,mustard,tuna fish,forks,spoons.plates,etc and thats just for me. lol

I was looking forward to trying out the new lounge in LA a couple of weeks ago. It was randomly closed with no signage for explanation. :-(

Took my first journeys in sleeper class though and found it worth the money for me. Much more relaxing (oh, and the lamb shank dinner in the parlor car was amazing!)
:eek: This is curious! Did you ask the Amtrak Info or Ticket Desk in Union Station why the Lounge was Closed? I'm glad you enjoyed your Sleeper Experience :) , and suggest that you call Amtrak @ 1-800-USA-RAIL/after "Julie" Answers, ask for an Agent and when the Regular Agent comes on the Line ask to be Transfered to Customer Relations, have your Info ready and perhaps they can give you info and perhaps even send you a nice Voucher for Future Travel since you didnt receive the Promised Services that are Part of Sleeping Car Travel on Amtrak!
Thanks for the tip - I may just try that! I did try asking at the information desk (after fruitlessly tugging on locked doors) and just got told it was closed today but they didn't know why. :unsure:

Other than that I got to experience a Pacific Parlor Car (for the first half of my trip - when I rejoined a different train we had an SSL substituted), joined the wine and cheese tasting (before it disappears), and discovered why so many folks on here want train journeys to just keep going... I could have happily stayed on board another day or two at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back