Is LTR at college now??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanghai

Engineer
Has our Stephen started classes yet??

I hope you are settled in and things are going well for you.

Good Luck!!

Yes, he's up in Niagara at this point. I'm not sure if he's actually settled in, as any Freshman always needs a bit of time to settle into the new routine that is college.

LTR tweeted that it was "cool". Just wait until winter comes - and it will be COLD!
laugh.gif

I am indeed up here at Niagara. Last week marked the first full week of classes. Everything is going well up here. The heatwave that gripped the area finally ended today and instead of being 90 like it was yesterday the high will be a crisp 64.

He's probably across the river in Canada chasing the Canadian women who are much friendlier than the New York ones! ^_^ Could also be with his buddies figuring out how they can go over the falls and survive since college freshmen are both young and daring! :giggle:

Seriously he did say that he will be in St. Louis for the Gathering so guess we'll get a full report of the early days @ college! :)

Ah, college - I vaguely remember that from 45 years ago. There wasn't even any Amtrak, then, either.
Aloha

I remember College fairly well, but that was because I worked in Disneyland to pay for it and majored in theater. While there was no Amtrak there was Route 66 which I drove coat to coast just before college. :cool: :D

Ah, college - I vaguely remember that from 45 years ago. There wasn't even any Amtrak, then, either.
Aloha

I remember College fairly well, but that was because I worked in Disneyland to pay for it and majored in theater. While there was no Amtrak there was Route 66 which I drove coat to coast just before college.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
That would be tough to do - Route 66 runs from Chicago to California.

Aloha

I remember College fairly well, but that was because I worked in Disneyland to pay for it and majored in theater. While there was no Amtrak there was Route 66 which I drove coat to coast just before college.
cool.gif
:D
That would be tough to do - Route 66 runs from Chicago to California.
Aloha

Well I did drive from CT to LA, but you are correct, part of the drive was on something else as I do remember the one error I made with the AAA trip tickets got me on 66 going east for a bit. Went about a mile before the road ended, reversed back and found the second route 66 sign going west. What a trip 4.5 days of seeing the country. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back