Is this the Palmetto?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueman271

Lead Service Attendant
Is this the Palmetto?

I know that this picture identifies this train as the Palmetto. But some of the cars look like amfleet 1 cars. Is this really the palmetto. Or is the picture wrong. And if this is the Palmetto what are amfleet 1 cars doing on it?

That definitely looks like Palmetto bug. It's not the first time this has happened. When a car gets B/O'd they will ocasionally pinch hit for it with an Amfleet I. At one point last year we had an Amfleet I Cafe running in place of an Amfleet II cafe. Ocassions have also happened where they have been added to cover for a car. I know back in June we had an Amfleet I covering for a Viewliner who had its A/C break down en route. The bad news was when we had to make a reverse move with the thing (it was on the bottom) and niether the Conductor nor I had any idea how to work the damn door panel. We finally figured it out, and he made the move, but not after a lot of struggling. When I was talking to my buddy from Vermont that night he said all we had to do was pull the emergency door open. Well I'll know for next time. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back