Jet Train in Tampa

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourlink99

Train Attendant
The Bombardier Jet train that is proposed for the Florida High Speed Railway was in Tampa today. It looks like the Acela with a different paint job. As a matter of fact, the cab is identical to the Acela according to the Bombardier rep. What was really interesting was when they took us on a tour of the inside of the engine area. There is a big PRATT AND WHITNEY logo and sign over the jet engine. It makes you feel like your at 30,000 ft.

This my first post! Glad to be here!

Glad you made here and welcome. :)

You are indeed correct, the Jet train looks just like the Acela without the pantographs. The modeled the Jet train on the same design as the Acela and even though they aren't announcing it publicly, it looks like it suffers from at least a few of the same flaws as the Acela's.

Any idea as to what type pf Pratt & Whitney engine is in the jet train? I'm wondering as to what aircraft engine is in it to see what it would be able to power.

tp49 said:
Any idea as to what type pf Pratt & Whitney engine is in the jet train? I'm wondering as to what aircraft engine is in it to see what it would be able to power.
I've seen the specs some where, I'll try and see if I can't find them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back