Kansas City Varnish 1960s

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Haithcoat

Engineer
Honored Member
There is a good article on Kansas City railroading in the mid 60s in the Winter 2011 issue of Classic Trains.

Actually this article stresses the Rock Island service but there are a few notes on others, such as the Santa Fe.

I think those of us on the AU who visited Kansas City last year while part of our St Louis Gathering will appreciate the article even though it's slant is on that one railroad.

There is a good article on Kansas City railroading in the mid 60s in the Winter 2011 issue of Classic Trains.

Actually this article stresses the Rock Island service but there are a few notes on others, such as the Santa Fe.

I think those of us on the AU who visited Kansas City last year while part of our St Louis Gathering will appreciate the article even though it's slant is on that one railroad.
I saw that Bill, thanks for the tip! I never got to ride thru KCY in the old days when Union Station was hoping :wub: , did you?? Still wish Amtrak would move out of the "Bus Station waiting room into the Great Hall next door but perhaps the rent is prohibitive???

Back