Kerry's view on transportation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Seeing how the next election is coming up, I have not heard anything about Kerry's view on Amtrak or on transportation in general. Is it better than Bush's? I don't think Bush's first thing is to scrap Amtrak, or to stengthen it. He's so caught up in the war busniness, internal things like Amtrak, are last on his mind. They don't even consider what Amtrak wants or needs and just gives them the normal $900 million as they always have. If you just give money to improve public transportation, the economy will fix itself, is what I think.

Kerry's website did mention something on how intercity passenger rail is important and he plans to support it. Also, a member for an Amtrak e-mail group called the Kerry campaign office to ask what Kerry's support for Amtrak was. The person was told Kerry does plan to support Amtrak if he is in office. Now this does not mean that he will support $1.8 billion a year, but who knows? Plus, IMHO Kerry has to be better than Bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back