Lake Shore Limited 49(23) why so late?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRrich

Conductor
At present 49(23) is about 3.5 hrs late and when we reach CHI Wifey and I arehoping to get on the TE which is scheduled to leave 4 after the LSL arrives. Wish us luck :help:

So we are rather concerned about the lateness of 49(23). Anyone know what the problems might be? BTW the vacuum system for the toilets seems to have left us for warmer climes :hi:

At present 49(23) is about 3.5 hrs late and when we reach CHI Wifey and I arehoping to get on the TE which is scheduled to leave 4 after the LSL arrives. Wish us luck :help:
So we are rather concerned about the lateness of 49(23). Anyone know what the problems might be? BTW the vacuum system for the toilets seems to have left us for warmer climes :hi:
Lake Effect Snows? Bitter cold causing rail & switch problems?

Sounds like yall are having "one of those trips" Rich! I'd say call Customer Relations when ya'll get Home to Hopefully Warmer Missouri? (it's 82 and Sunny here in Texas! :wub: ) A Voucher should be in Order for Future Travel! ;)

UPDATE: With #49 3+ Hours late out of SOB Looks like it'll be a Tight, Possibly Run Down the Platform, Connection to the Eagle in CHI! Guess theyll let yall Ride the Lincoln Service if you miss your Connection??

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that in addition to some padding in the schedule for the LSL into Chicago, you also gain 1 hour thanks to the change from Eastern time to Central Time. As I write this it's just about 2 PM EST, but it's only 1PM CST in Chicago.

Amtrak.com is currently predicting a 1:08 PM arrival into Chicago, which would give you just about a 1/2 hour to connect if no more time is lost. And if you're within 15 to 20 minutes, there is a good chance that they'd hold the Eagle for you.

The westbound Lake Shores have been running late for the last couple days. I gather from posts on other forums that it's a combination of weather and CSX trackwork in Central New York. I'm heading out on 49 (24) in a few hours and we'll see how it goes.

Well we got in about 3.5 hrs late and a redcap drove us directly to the TE. Guess I'll miss my pals working the desk in the Metro lounge :giggle:

When I came through the Chicago Metropolitan Lounge on Jan 17, I was greeted by Tom. He was incredible, very friendly and kept on top of everything with a great sense of humor.

Hope this is the new norm for attendants in the Chicago lounge.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back