Lake Shore

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdon

Train Attendant
Hello, Can anyone tell me what time sleeper passengers are allowed to board the Lake Shore Limited in Chicago. I know the scheduled departure time but seem to recall sleeper passengers are allowed to board earlier.

Thanks for your help.

Amtrak says as early as 8:30, 1 hour before scheduled departure. But in my experience, its generally more like 45 minutes to maybe 30 minutes prior.

Alan, are they still doing the "reception" in the diner for sleeper car pax in Chicago on the LSL?

Also a non-alcoholic cider for those who would prefer not to drink wine.
Alan, is this a "rolling happy hour" for sleeping car passengers on the LSL?
Well it starts out stationary, that's why the board the sleeper pax early. But generally if one is so inclined you can hang out to about 10:00, maybe 10:30, before the crew kicks you out since they want to clean up and go to bed. So at 9:30 if everything goes well it becomes a rolling happy hour.

Also a non-alcoholic cider for those who would prefer not to drink wine.
Alan, is this a "rolling happy hour" for sleeping car passengers on the LSL?
Well it starts out stationary, that's why the board the sleeper pax early. But generally if one is so inclined you can hang out to about 10:00, maybe 10:30, before the crew kicks you out since they want to clean up and go to bed. So at 9:30 if everything goes well it becomes a rolling happy hour.
A few rides ago, probably in late November, my three table mates and I were so engrossed in discussion that we ended up sitting for over two hours. It was nice to be able to sit in the diner without getting kicked out quickly for next call or clean-up. I'm not a huge fan of the cheese and grape plate, but I like the opportunity that the setting provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back