Lakeshore Limited Meals

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdon

Train Attendant
I've booked a roomette on the Lakeshore Limited from Chicago to New York in June. Can anyone tell what meals are served on that run?

As always I appreciate the assistance folks on this board provide and advently read the topics daily.

Happy training.

I've booked a roomette on the Lakeshore Limited from Chicago to New York in June. Can anyone tell what meals are served on that run?
As always I appreciate the assistance folks on this board provide and advently read the topics daily.

Happy training.
Since the train leaves CHI @ 9PM no dinner is served on the train. There is a welcome wine and cheese reception in the diner for sleeper pax and the club car is open up front in the Boston section for purchasing snacks and drinks. Breakfast and lunch will be served, according to Alan B they are supposed to serve a supper on the way to NYP from Albany but dont always do this!?? This is a busy/popular route, you may have to make reservations for lunch,I've experienced this, remember youll be @ the back of the train in the NYP section so youll be next to the diner, if both sleepers go youll only be 1 or 2 cars from the diner but a long walk from the cafe/club car which is in front with the Boston section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the train got its full Heritage Dining Car back, and now BOTH sections carry a Cafe/Lounge. I also heard that the third meal is becomeing more of a ususual thing as of late.

So enjoy your trip and hope for a steak (grilled, now) along the shores of the Mighty Hudson.

Actually, the train got its full Heritage Dining Car back, and now BOTH sections carry a Cafe/Lounge. I also heard that the third meal is becomeing more of a ususual thing as of late.So enjoy your trip and hope for a steak (grilled, now) along the shores of the Mighty Hudson.
Thanks for the update.

We are actually going the opposite way ... Boston to Chicago (onto Eugene) ... what meals will we be entitled to with our roomette? I had read that there is no dining car from Boston to Albany .... so would that mean box lunches for lunch and dinner?

Traveling westbound (Boston-Chicago), you will get dinner after the trains (49 from NYP & 449 from BOS) are joined at Albany.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

In addition to the dinner mentioned above after the Boston section joins with the NY section, you'll get breakfast into Chicago in the morning. That assumes that you get up early enough to eat breakfast, as if they are running on time they'll cut off serving around 8:00 to 8:30 AM.

Additionally you'll get a free lunch in the cafe car between Boston and Albany. But this is not a hot cooked meal, typically they have a salad choice and a special sandwich choice for you.

Wasn't the point of adding the full service dining car back on the train to allow for the Diner-Lite to be moved to the Boston section for hot meals between ALB and BOS?

Wasn't the point of adding the full service dining car back on the train to allow for the Diner-Lite to be moved to the Boston section for hot meals between ALB and BOS?

Yes, thats what I read a couple times in the past.
That was what Amtrak originally said was going to happen, but so far it has not. I'm not sure if they've changed their mind about doing so, or if there are just issues associated with doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back