Las Vegas Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tp49

Engineer
I'm thinking about taking a trip to Las Vegas next month with some friends, want to take the train down and will take the bus from Bakersfield. I was wondering if anyone here knew where in Vegas the busses stopped is it on the Strip, at the airport, or downtown.

from the timetable...

[las] Las Vegas Airport, NV Charter Bus Area, McCarran Int'l Airport 89109

[lvs] Las Vegas, NV Greyhound Station, 200 S. Main St. 89101

The bus ride from Bakersfield to Barstow is pretty cool, as you can view a substantial amount of the Tehachapi Loop from Highway 58.

From Barstow to Las Vegas, there are many miles of heavy road construction projects. Expect delays, especially on the weekends.

The Amtrak Thruway bus stops at the Greyhound station, just south of the Union Plaza Hotel in downtown Las Vegas.

Upon returning for your departure to Bakersfield, the Amtrak Thruway bus will depart from door number 6.

This ain't like riding the Hound. This is a dedicated Amtrak Thruway bus for rail passengers just like you. It is operated by Antelope, a former Coach USA company that was recently purchased by the Kohlberg Group. They usually assign brand new Van Hool C2045s to this service.

I assume you plan on taking Train 702 SAC-BFD (departs SAC at 6:30a) and then the connecting Amtrak Thruway to Las Vegas, right? If this is the case then yes, you will be on a nice, new luxurious Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach.

However, be warned, if you take the connection from SAC to train 716 to BFD, the connecting bus from this train is a GREYHOUND bus. Don't do this - it's miserable! B)

Yes, it would be 702 down to BFD then the bus over, glad to know that thruway will be a nice bus instead of the other option. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back