Last Call for NYP Solari Board

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The present board is an electronic display which replaced the "flip-style" Solari board. An interesting feature of the electronic board is a speaker which plays a recording of the Solari board flipping when the electronic display updates. This was specified so that travelers on autopilot would look at the board when it updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some recent pictures from NYP:

The old display board, still in service.

Old_NYP_Display.JPG

There are several of these new displays:

New_NYP_Display.JPG

And there are displays at the entrances to the tracks:

Track_NYP_Display.JPG

jb

(Pictures taken by sb).

New and old boards have been operating concurrently for the past few months while the new ones proved themselves the old remained as back up protection. Sounds like now is actually the last call for the old boards. The old boards will be removed "in the next few weeks."

A reporter from PIX11 News informed me that they're planning to run a story tonight about taking down the old display board at NYP. He had run across my virtual solari boards, wanted some information and planned to mention it in the story.

Gee I'd like to see that broadcast (assuming it's on TV - I don't know). If someone can point me to it, or perhaps capture it and post it on Youtube, I'd appreciate it.

jb

Back