Late Cascade 513

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelhoguy

Service Attendant
Does any one have any idea why the 513 to OLW is 1 hour 48 minutes late today? I will be riding the 513 to PDX to connect to the 28, a 2 hour delay would make the beginning of the trip a problem.

Train 513(08) was prevented from departing Seattle station while the local police closed the tacks south of the station. A suicidal person was threatening to jump from the over bridge at s. Holgate Street in Seattle, prompting police to use the trackside vantage point to coax the person down. Trains were allowed to flag past the site when Police determined the individual was not a threat to jump. However, he did jump on top of train 7(06) as it was leaving the station for preparations as 8(08)

FWIW, yesterday's 513 arrived in PDX at 4:44, and the OP's connecting train #28 departed at 4:45, giving the OP and other connecting

passengers exactly one minute to transfer!

However....if I was making this connection I would simply have hopped off in VAN, where based on yesterday's times, the connection

would have been 45 minutes. I assume that the conductor on 513 was proactive and alerted the OP and other connecting passengers

to this opportunity. No point in going all the way to PDX when the connection's that tight.

Everything is going pretty good now, we will have plenty of time. That is a pretty good idea about van. The volunteer at olx said the delay had somethine to do with a guy with a bloody nose needing an ambulance. Your story sounds much more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back