Late trains and connections?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm planning on taking train#48 from Chicago (leaving at 7:00 pm. on Saturday) to NYP (arriving at 1:50 p.m. on Sunday). My next connection is Train# 2254 leaving NYP at 4:03 p.m. (Sunday) and arriving in Boston at 7:47 p.m. that same day. Then I would be taking train#67 to Washington D.C leaving at 10:00 p.m. Sunday night.

What happens if a train(s) is late and I miss my connection(s)?

Thanks.

Guest said:
I'm planning on taking train#48 from Chicago (leaving at 7:00 pm. on Saturday) to NYP (arriving at 1:50 p.m. on Sunday). My next connection is Train# 2254 leaving NYP at 4:03 p.m. (Sunday) and arriving in Boston at 7:47 p.m. that same day. Then I would be taking train#67 to Washington D.C leaving at 10:00 p.m. Sunday night.
What happens if a train(s) is late and I miss my connection(s)?

Thanks.
If you know the train is over 4 hours late I would suggest takking the #448 connection from Albany to Boston and then taking the Federal there. While you are out on an Acela ride, I don't think there's any other way to get around it.

That would be my best advice as well. Keep your timetable, and options open. If it's looking like you'll either miss or have a close connection with the Acela in New York let your Conductor know, and he/she will advise you on what to do from there.

Actually, I would be very careful about that connection. Amtrak does not guarentee connections between Long Distance trains and the Aclea's. They only guarentee connections between the LD's & regionals.

If you are riding in Business Class, then you probably won't have any problems getting new tickets, even if there are no more Acela's leaving that evening you could still ride a regional.

However, if you booked a First Class seat on Acela, you must cancel it at least one hour before departure or you will forfeit the accomodation charge for the first class seat.

So if the LSL is running late & you've got a first class seat, call Amtrak while still on the train and cancel your ticket and have them rebook you. You might even want to do that, even if you only have a business class seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back