LAX-RMT with 50k 3 zone bedroom award

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gercohen

Train Attendant
I dropped my idea of a 30,000 point AGR 2-zone loophole trip MSP-DEN on the EB, CS and CZ as last week I bought 3500 points to put me to 50k (and will get a 1050 pt bonus with the 30% bonus now in effect)

I instead booked a 50,000 point three zone bedroom award LAX-RMT via PDX , CHI and WAS ! (CS, EB, CL, and SM) The 1050 bonus will start me towards me next award. AGR phone support was great. Spouse will travel with me.

I am going to fly RDU-LAX to start the trip. Will drive my car from Raleigh to RMT the day before the trip, take the Carolinian RMT-RGH ($14 less AAA discount). My car will be at RMT when I finish the trip.

I'll just have one plane flight with this new version, less things to go wrong.

Trip is late April, hope no flooding on the EB route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find this routing on the website or did they tell it to you over the phone? I can't find this west coast connection on the website right now, but know it can exist as I have seen it come and go before. Can you try and replicate the routing on the website and report any dates it works if you find them?

Did you find this routing on the website or did they tell it to you over the phone? I can't find this west coast connection on the website right now, but know it can exist as I have seen it come and go before. Can you try and replicate the routing on the website and report any dates it works if you find them?
LAX-PDX-CHI shows on the website (CS-EB) as does PDX-CHI-WAS-RMT (EB-CL-SM). The AGR rep put them together

Back