LAX Sleeper Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't add much to food in ABQ but I did have their hamburger and fries once. Meal deal, hamburger wasn't very good, french fries were pretty good and it came with a fountain drink. Other foods in there but sorry I cannot remember what. A pretty long line forms for food in the station, all good if you are first off the train and hustle in. I know there are some other places near the station for food but...try doing a search on here. I have never ventured very far from the station.

I did a quick map search, looks like there is a pizza place about a block from the station, Pizza 9, you can internet search it, they have a website. It looks about a block away.

If you really want to stuff yourself silly and you arrive EARLY (You probably need a SOLID 45 minutes to pull this off), I recommend Tucano's Brazillian Grill across the street from the ATC to the right of the movie theater. It won't be any cheaper than eating in the diner, but you WON'T go away hungry!

Want some Sushi? Walk down Central Ave past Tucanos, and there is a Sushi King.

To the LEFT of the movie theater at the end of the block is a Cold Stone creamery... I forgot the name of the place, but across Gold St from the Coldstone is a nice health-nut coffee shop with some decent food. They have free Wifi, IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definately go to Tucano's the next time I'm in Albuquerque. http://www.tucanos.com/albuquerque.html

I see that they also have locations in other cities served by Amtrak.

You can call ahead with your cell phone and have your food delivered to the platform when the train pulls in.

I do remember seeing food delivered to passengers of the CA Zephyr when the train pulled into Winnemucca Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back